Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Notes from a Newlywed...

Things are going well here in Merrillville! Mike is getting back into his work routine and I'm searching for a job. I've put in a few applications, but I continue searching. My prayer is that I find something that I really enjoy. It's been hard to think of Merrillville as home - so I'm hoping that once I establish my own routine it will help in that.
Today is Mike's day off, so we're deep cleaning the apartment. We leave for Jamaica on Monday, so it will be nice to come back to a clean apt!
I was recently asked what the hardest part of moving has been for me. I think the hardest part has been being away from my mom. I took our friendship for granted when I was still in Nappanee, but now I realize how much I look to her for advice or ideas. I have so much I want to do with the apartment and I keep thinking that "if my mom were here, she could help with this". But I trust that God needs us here for a reason, and when He's ready - He will get us back to the Nappanee area if that's in His will. (I hope it is).


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand your feelings about leaving your mom...I've dealt with that too...it's definitely an adjustment. Have fun in Jamaica!