Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Clouds

I've been doing some "searching" the last few days. Mike and I have been looking for the right fit for us in a church. We've been desperately wanting to connect with couples in our age group on a spiritual level. I've been doing some reading in Mark and also Revelation. Yesterday I came across a verse that I've never read before. It didn't so much make me think about finding a church home or connecting with others, but about obtaining a more personal relationship with Jesus Christ. A best friend relationship. Physical relationships will come in time. But we need to find the kind of relationship we're seeking in Christ first. I was reading in Revelation about how in the Bible clouds are always associated with God. Clouds are viewed as the sorrows, sufferings, or circumstances, within our personal lives. I realized that if there were never any "clouds" in our lives, we would have no faith. In Nahum 1:3 it says "The clouds are the dust of His feet." They are a sign that God is there! What a great feeling to know that our sorrows, problems, and grief are actually the clouds that come along with God! "He does not come in clear-shining brightness" says Oswald Chambers. Revelation 1:7 says "Behold, He is coming with clouds...".

Something to think over today as we have so many burdens in our lives.

No comments: