Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Questions...

There's so much going on in our world today, that I just have so many questions. I wonder what God is doing a lot of the time. I know that He has a great plan for all of us, and that living on this Earth isn't supposed to be easy by any means. I know that this place is just temporary and our real home will be in Heaven. But knowing all of this, doesn't bring much comfort when I hear more news about the Virginia Tech Massacre, or police officers in South Bend being shot just for doing their jobs. I struggle with why tornados rip apart neighborhoods and families. My heart hurts for a friend who lost his fiance in a car accident, after just proposing two weeks ago. And yes, my heart still aches for losing Nick and never knowing how that accident happened. I try and imagine where God was throughout all of these times.
I do find comfort knowing that he was there - wrapping his arms around all of the families, victims, and students at VT. He was there in the hotel room when another SB police officer was shot. He weeped for Andrew and his family, and Emily and hers when Emily was killed. He held Andrew as he found out. Just as I know he was in that car with me on that dark Kansas night in September when I found out that Nick was killed. And I know that after four years, he's been with me every step of the way. I do find comfort in all of these things. But it's hard at the end of the day to NOT question why all of these events, and countless others, have happened. I have found peace in the fact that maybe this is God saying -
"Look at the destruction and saddness around you. Feel how your heart breaks. You will see and feel none of that when you are with me. You will find comfort."

No comments: