Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 16, 2007

Something to Smile about...

Today was an extremely long day on campus, but I couldn't help smiling. My parents have officially given me the OK to go to Kenya next March!! I'm so excited. Nappanee Missionary sends a group to Kenya, Africa every March to work at an Abandoned Baby Center through Africa Gospel Church. My dad is also going to try to go as well. I'm so excited. This is something that I really care about, and after I took a Sociology of AIDS course at IUPUI last fall, I feel even more strongly about going to help in Kenya and spreading God's Word. So for the next 11 months it will be SAVE SAVE SAVE for me as far as my funds go! I would appreciate prayers as we all know I'm not the best saver.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Virginia Tech. campus today. The news of the shooting is horrific, and I can't even begin to imagine how those students and families are feeling tonight. They have all been cheated out of normal college experiences, and my heart goes out to them.

...Virginia Tech you are in our prayers...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are getting the chance to go to Kenya. This is exactly what you need and I know this will be an amazing experience for you! And if your dad could go with you, that would make it even that much better! I will definitely be praying for you and I hope that you can save save save like you need to! :) Love you Meesh! *jamie*