Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 11, 2007

Congrats to the two newest high school graduates in my family! My cousin Adam (on the left) and my not so little brother, Jason (on the right) graduated from NorthWood a couple weeks ago. As of yesterday their open houses are done and they are ready to move on with their lives! I am so proud of my brother. I can't believe he's going to be going to college. Crazy!

Summer is definitely under way, and I am loving my time spent with friends and family. The nights of bike rides, softball games, and late movies are just beginning and I'm so excited to see where this summer may take me.


Also here's a picture of the last group of NMC people who went to Kenya! My dad and I have been excitedly talking about our trip, getting our passports, etc. They will be announcing the dates soon! Also we're taking a Global Impact class this Saturday to prepare ourselves. I just love this picture, and I can't wait to hold those babies myself!!


On a not-so-celebratory note, my heart, thoughts, and prayers go out to the Nine and Flickinger Families. Kim Nine and Deenene Flickinger were killed in a motorcycle crash Saturday night in Nappanee. My deepest sympathies go out to Connie, Ashlie, and Kimmie Nine as they have lost their ex-husband and father; and also to Carl Sr., Carl Jr., and April Flickinger as they deal with the loss of their ex-wife and mother respectively. Let's keep them in our prayers as the coming days bring anger, sorrow, and grief.

2 comments:

10/26 said...

Kim is still alive and in ICU at Elkhart General

Michelle Marshall said...

Sorry for the confusion and wrong information - there were rumors circulating around Nappanee that Kim had passed away. He is home now from the hospital, and recovering. My prayers are still with them.