Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ever feel like your life has just gained a new direction, but with that new direction comes a whole new wave of uncertainty? That's what I'm feeling. Mike interviewed about a month ago for an assistant store manager job at Aldi's foods in Merrillville. Three weeks went by and so we thought that he didn't get it. He had come to terms with that. But last week the interviewer called and offered him the job, apologizing for the delay. Of course Mike took the job. So at the beginning of May, Mike will make the hour and a half move to Merrillville. He starts full time May 19th. He is really excited about this. He loves new challenges and this brings great reward as he has potential to move up in the business and within a few years- manage his own store. I'm so happy for him and proud of him. I haven't decided if I will try and find a job near Merrillville or not. He's not certain on how long he'll be there, because if what his boss says is correct, he can start training for a store manager position in just a year- then he could be transfered to a store back here. If that's the case, I would rather stay around here. We can do a year of distance.
As far as my own job searches go -- Hesston is at a halt. The people who I thought might be leaving the office so that positions would be open, have decided to stay. Therefore there are no positions open this year. That's ok, maybe it's just not the right time. So I continue looking for a job, probably around this area. I'm not as stressed as I was about it, I know that it's all in God's hands and His timing is perfect.
Oh! We're also not going to Vegas anymore, since Mike got the job. The rest of his family is going but him and I will not be going along. He doesn't feel like he should take off that much time right away. I agree. But that's money that we'll be saving!

No comments: