Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 15, 2008

66...

66 days til the Big Day!

I'm getting so antsy waiting for the day to get here. I'm enjoying all the time spending with my parents and family preparing for this event, but I'm honestly ready for it to be over too. I'm ready to start Day 1 of the rest of our lives together. But here's an updated on what we've accomplished thus far:

- We are in contact with our pastor and will start pre-marital counseling soon.
-The invitations are addressed
-The hotel rooms for the guests have been blocked
-Maps have been made
-My first shower is in a week and a half
-Bridesmaid dresses are being altered
-I have my first alteration appointment this weekend
-Hair/Make up appointments have been made
-Met with and reserved our DJ
So we are on the ball, now November just needs to get here! I have a feeling the month of October will fly by though!! We have a wedding the second week of October so I know that will really get us ready for our day! I'm in need of some help though. I'm looking for the perfect song for my dad and I to dance to at the reception. I don't want anything cheesy, too overly sappy, and I definitely need something original. I don't want any "you're my hero" or "butterfly kisses" songs being played. I want something that is completely us and completely original. Any suggestions??

1 comment:

icejan said...

Michelle,

Megan shared your blog info with me. I am enjoying your path to your big day. Check out the song I Loved Her First by Hearland. It has a great message and rings true between fathers and daughters. Laura Metzler dance to this song with her dad when she married Josh.

Blessing to you.
Janice