Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 5, 2008

Blessed...

I recently created a "wedding to-do list". Oh boy, am I ever getting overwhelmed! I've been working 50 hour weeks at work, then trying to come home and get wedding things accomplished, which is hard when the stores close at a certain time. So tomorrow is my day off and I'm really looking forward to getting things done! I need to finish addressing the invitations and really get set on a centerpiece. I keep going back and forth with some things and I just need to make a decision. Yesterday was a much needed break though. Mike's mom, Bonny, and I took the day off and headed to Merrillville for Mike's birthday. His grandmother is in town from Florida, so we met up at Mike's great aunts house near Merrillville to have dinner with her, his grandma, and one of their sisters. It was a great chance for me to meet his extended family. We also had a mini shower for us, because his grandma brought so many gifts along with her since she won't be able to be her for a couple of our showers! It was so nice of her! We got some really cute odds and ends, plus a crock pot and tv trays. She also had a Christmas ornament made for us and a decorative plate with the date of our wedding and our names on it. I could have cried I felt so blessed in that moment. Our first planned shower is in a couple of weeks so this made me excited for that!

Hopefully tomorrow I get a lot accomplished and get some of our vendors called. This wedding planning thing is overwhelming but I'm so excited for the day to finally be here!

No comments: