Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 22, 2009

Welcome Summer!

As I begin this post, I let out a sigh. It's summer :) Mike and I are taking full advantage of this great weather and spending the mornings (if he doesn't have to go into work til later) by the pool or the afternoons (if he goes in early) laying out. Our evenings (when he's not closing) are spent taking long walks then a dip in the pool to cool off. That's one great thing about apartment living - the pool :)

Our summer is getting pretty busy. Not exactly by choice, but we're looking forward to every moment. We have alot of weddings- this weekend starts off wedding season for us. My cousin, Ben is getting married in Ft. Wayne this weekend. It will be great to see some Indy friends who are up for the wedding and also celebrate with them and our family. Jackie is such a great addition to our family. I'm going home on Thursday to help Jill with her new house and just to enjoy each other's company. Friday, I'm watching Anessa for the day. We'll probably enjoy some pool time and I might treat her to some McDonald's :). I'm really looking forward to spending the day with her. *Thanks Jill for allowing me to babysit!!
We leave for vacation in a couple weeks. Mike's parents rented a cabin in Michigan for the week after the 4th, so we're going with his family there. We're looking foward to spending the week on the lake and enjoying each other and getting away from Merrillville for a bit.

I had a job interview last week, but unfortunately I found out today that I didn't get the job. I thought I would be really disappointed, but for one reason or another I just think it wasn't right for me right now. God has plans for me, and I'm praying that He will open the right doors.

1 comment:

Megan said...

This summer seems so busy. Every weekend seems consumed with something. Can't wait to see you and Mike at the wedding in August. :-)