Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Texas

I haven't posted this in my blog yet, because Mike and I had decided that we weren't going to tell many people- but I think by now, almost everyone knows..so I'll share now. Mike is up for a promotion. His District Manager called him a couple months ago and asked if we would be willing to move to Denton, Texas. They are building a new division down there and they put Mike's name in for a store manager position. After discussing it with me, it didn't take us long to decide that this is something we defnitely wanted to go for! We don't know much as of now, except that they have weeded some people out- and Mike is still in the running for the job!! We do know that if he does get the job we will have to move during the first quarter of the year. I'm hoping that we find out if he got it or not by the end of the summer. But Mike thinks that it will be more like fall before a decision is made. Please keep us in your prayers. This would be a fantastic opportunity for Mike. We're both excited about this possible adventure. I've been doing my online research of Denton (it's between Ft. Worth and Dallas) and it looks like a great town to live in. The waiting is the hardest part right now. We are trying to be patient and remember that God is in control. Pray for Mike as he continues working hard for his store in Chicago - but patiently waits to hear about the promotion. I know that right now he's pretty stressed because the more time that goes by without hearing anything, the more anxious he gets.

Thanks for all of your kind words and prayers thus far. We appreciate it more than you know!

2 comments:

Megan said...

My mom told me about this possible move when I talked to hear earlier this week. I think this is a great opportunity for you guys. You are young and this is the perfect time to do this. I hope everything works out and you don't go too crazy waiting to hear the news.

icejan said...

I am praying for you and Mike. It was good to see you on Sunday!!!