Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Family of Three...

Tenley Ann has arrived!! After 9 months of waiting, praying, planning, and thinking our daughter is here! We still can't believe it. First of all we can't believe we had a girl!! I was so certain we were going to having a boy that when the doctor announced it was a girl I'm pretty sure both of our jaws hit the floor. But we couldn't be happier.

Just a little about the day of labor- I went in for my 39 week appointment last Tuesday, September 7th, and the doctor was concerned about my elevated blood pressure. Since it was so close to my due date and she knew the baby was bigger, she made the decision to induce. So we headed to the hospital for what proved to be one long night! 18 long hours of labor later - Tenley Ann Marshall was born at 9:08am on September 8, 2010.
We're now home and enjoying every second with her. I could sit and hold her for hours just staring at her. She's such a good baby. Tenley has turned Daddy into a big pile of mush!! And if you know me at all you know the tears of gratitude and love are never far!

No comments: