Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 30, 2007

Changes are Coming...

It's almost August, and I'm not quite sure where this summer went! Looking at my calendar I realize that I only have one month left of my summer. This may seem like a solid amount of time for some of you - but for me, who is absolutely dreading school, it's not feeling so comforting. I can feel the changes coming. Not only will I start school again, hopefully in my last year, but my brother will be starting his freshman year at IUSB. This will be a change for all of us in the Mast household, and I feel like my protective big sister trait is coming out as I start to worry about Jason in college! I'm not sure when he grew up, but it happened.
That's only the beginning of the changes. Trina moves in exactly one week. I have tried to put this out of my mind, but the big "sold" sign in front of the Andrews' house that I pass everyday continues to remind me of the truth. It screams at me that sooner or later I will have to face the facts.
"No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it...Forever." -Francis Mocuriac.
Kenya is a mere five months away, and if the speed of this summer is any indication of how fast it will come - I'm ready! I can't wait for this experience, I can't wait to hold those babies that so desperately need love. I need my heart to be prepared for leaving those children, even before meeting them. I know how attached I can get.
I guess what I need to remember most is that I'm not alone through all these changes. And change is good. I welcome the new school year (just wish it was without the school part..), and I welcome whatever God has in store for the next year of my life. I'm happy and I can sense a renewed strength in Him. That is the kind of change that I need to welcome into my life more often than I do...

No comments: