Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Blessings


I re-read my last post. Some of the changes I talked about have already occurred. Trina and her family made the move out to Oregon yesterday morning. It was a tough goodbye, but considering I'm horrible with all goodbyes no matter what - it was bound to be tough.
I'm blessed though with a family that I could come back to who let me cry on their shoulders for as long as I needed to. I'm also blessed with some great friends who hugged me, made me smile, and lifted my spirits when I decided I was done crying.

As much as I'm dreading the start of school, there's so many things I'm looking forward to in the next coming weeks. This Saturday I'm heading to Manchester to visit with a few of my high school friends. Next weekend my old roommate, Kristin, and I are taking a day off of work and going to Ft. Wayne for a day of shopping (mostly window shopping by me). Then, the following Saturday- Mike has a special date planned for us. He's taking me to either Ft. Wayne or Indy for the day. He won't tell me where we're going or what we're doing. The only thing he has told me is to take the whole day off of work and to bring two sets of clothes- casual and dressy. I happen to love surprises so I'm in great anticipation of this day!! I also surprised Mike with Cubs vs. Brewers tickets for his birthday. So we are going to the Cubs game in Chicago on the 28th. School starts that same week, but with all the fun things that are planned maybe I'll be able to get through it!


I'm so blessed with great people in my life. Near and Far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, who's Mike, my dear Michelle? : )