Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 26, 2007

Grandpa...

I'm sitting in the hospital waiting room on the third floor of the critical care unit. I've been here since about 2:30 this afternoon. I went back to see my grandpa and sit with him for awhile. I found myself just staring at him, feeling all lack of emotion. We heard from the surgeon today who reported that he has a 20% chance of making it. It's hard to believe that when my grandpa is starting to wake up after being under heavy sedation for just over two weeks. His eyes were opening, but we know he can't yet see. He was also rolling his head back and forth. Unfortunately, the doctor said all of this would happen, but there was still a 20% chance. Life as I know it dealing with grandparents might be changing soon. I'm still asking for prayer, but now I'm asking for peace. Peace for my dad especially. And for my grandma, who still has high hopes of him coming out of this the same person as he was when he went in two weeks ago. It's good to have faith, but at some point you have to be realistic too. I'm just not sure where you have to draw that line.

2 comments:

joshua said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.