Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Let it Snow!

Snow!! Nappanee had our first real snowfall last night! Driving home from Bremen last night was a mess, but I couldn't help but stand outside in the cold letting the snow hit my face for just a little bit. As much as I hate snow and winter (mostly because of my 40 min. drive to school two days a week), I love the sight of fresh snow.

I get my wisdom teeth out tomorrow. I'm nervous for this. Possibly more nervous then I should be, but I've never had a cavity or anything, so this is a big deal to me. I have to have all four of the cut out. Luckily, I have chose to be put completely asleep. My consultation was last week and the oral surgeon said that he did see a problem. The nerve that runs through my jaw is higher than most. It runs straight through my wisdom teeth. If he hits this nerve, I will lose feeling in my lower lip. He said that I had to decide whether or not he should take the bottom teeth out, but I'll have to have them out eventually. So I decided I might as well get it over with. There's a big chance that I'll lose feeling, but I guess I'll get used to it.

My grandpa is improving VERY slowly. He's a little more alert, he's starting to follow us around the room with his eyes a little more and responding to things we say by nodding his head. He isn't always this responsive though, this continues to be a roller coaster ride for us. With Kenya coming up so quickly, I just pray for signs of major improvement.

No comments: