Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Updates...

I just looked at my countdown on my page! 12 days til Kenya!! I can't believe it. I'm so anxious. I started making my list of everything that I need to pack, buy, or get done for the trip. I'm such a procrastinator, but I'm really trying to be on the ball when it comes to this. I'm a list-maker. By the time the 26th rolls around, I'll have about 16 different lists around my room. A bit OCD I would say, but it works for me. So far though I've kept it to one long list.

I have a praise! Yesterday my Grandpa woke up!! It's been almost a month and we were beginning to lose hope. But last night it was like God flipped a switch and decided it was time for him to wake up. Because he did! He's awake, alert, and coherent! He can't talk to us yet because of the tube in his throat, but they are hoping to change that soon. He is confused as to what happened and how long he's been in the hospital, and he's mentioned several times that he's ready to go home. His lungs are still a problem, because they still are not functioning like the should be, but this definitely a step - no a leap! - in the right direction! Thank you all for your prayers!

On a little bit of a sadder note, we lost our family dog of 12 years last night. Barkley, who was technically my brother's dog, died sometime during the night. We had taken him to the vet last week, discovering he had a kidney and bladder infection. He was supposed to go back today to be checked again. I contribute most of this to old age though. I feel bad for my brother who is taking this the hardest. He's always been attached to animals, but Barkley was his companion for 12 years. So I ask prayer for him as losing a pet is harder then alot of people realize.

Now a lighter note - I'm done with finals!! One more semester and I'm done!!!!!!

Have a great weekend!
~M

No comments: