Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Countdown Begins...

The only thing going through my mind right now is "HOLY CRAP!!" I leave for Kenya in 9 days!! I feel like Christmas and this trip are sneaking up on me! I'm finally in the Christmas mood though. This snow storm that we had last night has helped with that! We got about 7 inches of snow last night! Mike and I tackled each other into a snow bank this morning, which of course made me want to spend the day sledding, throwing snowballs, and playing in the snow rather then going to work! But alas, work called. It was a slow day there, but it gave me a chance to make a list of things to do/pack/get for Kenya. I feel like I'm finally able to focus!

We, as a Mast family, have had so many things going on in the past month with my Grandpa Mast in the hospital, my wisdom teeth/dry sockets, and Jason's dog dying. But things are finally starting to come together and the Christmas season is in full swing! I hope everyone can put everything aside and remember what makes Christmas so important. It's so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle. I swear it would have been easier to skip right over Christmas this year. But I just have to remind myself that Christmas isn't about the money, gift-giving, or holiday sales!

No comments: