Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 27, 2008

At church this morning, Terry Bley came forward at the end of the service and reported that he had just received a text message from Margie Helmuth. Margie is an American missionary who is working in Nakuru, Kenya as an account from World Mission Network (I believe, I apologize if this is wrong). She works closely with the baby center as well. She text Terry asking for prayer for Nakuru, the baby center, and Kenya. The violence continues. As she was texting, she said she could hear gun shots in town close to her home, she could also see smoke from burning homes outside her window. As of this morning- the baby center has been without power for two days. They are also quickly running out of water and petroleum. This is a very big problem for a place that shelters, feeds, and bathes 29 little babies. Please pray for the safety of each and every baby, employee, missionary, and citizen of Nakuru and Kenya as a whole.

I feel like the only thing I've talked about for the past month has been Kenya. But that's pretty much been the only big thing going on right now. School and work still control my life. I've been blessed though to have more free time this semester than last, so Mike and I have enjoyed spending more time together. We are both looking forward to Florida! Our little vacation together to visit both of our grandparents is much needed and will be a great break away from this snow and cold of Indiana! We leave in about two and a half weeks. I'm not exactly looking forward to getting back on a plane or even back in an airport, but if it takes me to warmer weather - I'm In!

1 comment:

Denise said...

I just checked in to read your posts. My heart aches for the people of Kenya. What they are experiencing right now is so hard to understand, it is hard to wrap our minds around it. Isn’t amazing though how God used your experience there to affect your life and love for people so far from us? He is good at that. We will continue to pray for these dearly loved children and staff at Nakuru. Thanks for allowing us to experience all this through your eyes. God Bless!