Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 14, 2008

Little Luke...

It's been a week since we returned home from Kenya. Sometimes I'll be sitting in class and my mind will start wandering to some of the babies or I'll find myself figuring out what time it is in Kenya. One little boy that everyone in my group knows I'll still be thinking about is Luke. This sweet little boy was the first one I picked up when we first got to the center. Isn't he adorable?! It's hard to pick just one baby out of all of those deserving of love, but for some reason I couldn't help getting attached to Luke. His eyes would just shine as we played outside on the blanket everyday. His innocent smile was such a blessing! I continue to think of Luke everyday, wondering how he's doing or how he might be growing.

Luke loved it when I got my face really close to his, then would pull away. He would just laugh and laugh. (I knew my face was funny, but he really got a kick out of it!) I'm not sure I'll ever know Luke's story. Part of me never wanted to ask, because my heart was already breaking for this little boy. I couldn't imagine a mother/father giving up such a precious son, let alone any of the other little boys and girls!
Here's some more pictures of Luke. He fills my camera and my heart!









1 comment:

jenn said...

seriously...too cute!!!! thanks for introducing him to the rest of us :).