Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 1, 2008

As I come to the close of my college career (one week left...), I have been doing a lot of thinking. A lot of soul searching. I feel like for my entire life I've been running, no - chasing after something. A goal. A prize. In this case, my bachelor's. I've been sprinting to try and accomplish this goal, to win this prize. But now that I almost have it - what for? I know that a college education is great and will help me with the job search. And I am proud of myself. But now I just wonder what do I run after now? All this time I've been chasing after something that I've wondered if I really want. Maybe that's not what I want to say. I guess I wonder what I want FROM this college education. Yes, that's it. What is it going to do for me now?

A good friend reminded me that I'm living for today. So today, I'm chasing after my new goals.
To be a better friend. A hard worker.
A better fiance. A more loyal Christ-Follower.

No comments: