Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Date Night

Mike and I had the priveledge last night of attending Nappanee Missionary's "Date Night at the Grand". We had a great dinner, and Michael O'Brien performed. He is the lead singer of Newsong and has a new CD out of love songs for his wife. He and his wife also shared of their own marital problems and issues. Mike and I were possibly the most newly-married couple there. But it was such an inspiration to see married couples all around us making an effort in their marriage. There may have been some couples struggling, there may have been some couples doubting each other, feeling hurt or betrayed. But last night, I believe they were filled with hope. They were offered help: Jesus. Mike and I are just starting out, but last night was a great reminder of who needs to be at the center of our marriage. I'm so blessed to have such great role models around me to show us what a marriage should look like. I thank my parents and grandparents for being those role models. If you haven't heard of Michael O'Brien, I invite you to go to his website and listen to some of his songs! He has a great voice and an even better sense of humor about life.

No comments: