Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Vacation?

I question the title of this blog, because I'm not sure if I can call this a vacation or not. But in about three hours I'm leaving for Florida with Mike's mom, sister, and our niece. The women of the Marshall family are headed south to spend some time with Mike's grandparents. His grandma is going through a lot of testing and doctor's appointments right now and Mike's mom would like to be with her as she goes through that this week. She has cancer, and they are finding out this week if it has spread and/or if she can endure a surgery. Prayer would be great for her and our travels tomorrow. We're driving straight though ... with a four month old :) So it will be interesting!! I'm up for the task and am looking forward to the bonding that will occur for all of us. I haven't had time with just Mike's mom and his sister since we got married. And time with our precious niece is always a blessing!!

No comments: