Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 24, 2009

Here and There

We had a great weekend in Merrillville this past weekend. It's not often that we get an entire weekend at home (at least this summer it hasn't been likely) and so it was nice to relax and get some things done around here. It was also great to go to our church here. New small groups and classes are beginning in September so we took advantage of this. Mike signed up for a men's group that is starting in the fall. There's not many younger men involved in this particular group, so we're praying that the older men embrace him! I also signed up for a women's small group. They are just starting to have a younger demographic of women, so I know that I'll be comfortable going into this group. Which makes me feel good since I don't exactly like going into a new environment totally on my own. We'll also be getting involved again with our Newly-Married small group. We will begin meeting again with them in September after taking the summer off.

We're SO excited for this weekend! A good friend of mine, CJ Cunningham is getting married! I'm very excited to see this group of friends that will be at the wedding. CJ and his family have been such a support to me in the years since Nick has died. CJ, Megan, and their parents Dave and Janice are so generous and loving. I'm excited to celebrate with them!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I am so excited to see you too!!!!!!