Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Chicago

The last few days have been rough. I've been overly emotional for the last few weeks. I have no idea why, but it all came to ahead this weekend. Friday night specifically some things occurred that just made me lose it (all for good reason, but still.) Things are ok now, but I just had one of those starts to the weekend that I thought, "I would like to crawl into bed and sleep my way through the weekend and just pretend none of this has happened." But yesterday Mike and I went with Ken and Ashley to Chicago for the day. We took the South Shore and just enjoyed ourselves walking around the city, enjoying Navy Pier and Millennium Park, and a lot of window shopping in stores we couldn't afford. Also, it was an added bonus that the Cubs were playing in town so we enjoyed the excitement of the game that evening (too bad they couldn't pull it off).

It was good for my spirit though to get away and enjoy time with Mike and my friends. We decided we need to do it more often. So as the train rolled on back towards South Bend, I thought - so what if I had a bad start to my weekend? I looked around at three of my best friends and realized that I'm blessed. Regardless of my bad days. I guess this time it took a day in Chicago and a dirty, tiring train ride to remind me.

2 comments:

jenn said...

i am sorry you had such a rough start to the weekend, but it sounds like it really turned around! and i am sure the bears win topped it all off ;)!

Anonymous said...

Isn't Chicago such a fun city?!? When Ben and I went several weeks ago we had such a ball. It's nice to get away and just enjoy life outside of the norm. Hope your Monday is better than the start of your weekend!!