Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 1, 2007

October! Where did the time go? I feel like the older I get, the faster the time goes for some reason. I welcome this month though. There's so many things going on that I'm looking forward to. None of them involve school I might add. (Yes, I'm still bitter/frustrated/down/pissed about school and the fact that I'm still in it. I just choose not to talk about it anymore and push on.

This afternoon I took Mike lunch during my break, and I was waiting on him I was sitting on his porch watching the leaves fall and spin in the road as the cars drove by. Fall is my favorite season by far. It never lasts long, but I so enjoy the time while it's here. The leaves are beginning to fall, all of a sudden I might add, and it won't be long until we'll have to break the rakes out. My favorite part of fall is driving down a country road where there are trees on both sides, with my windows down, breathing in the warm air and smelling that unmistakable smell of burning leaves.
Fall always reminds us of change. Today as I was sitting on Mike's porch I was thinking of all the changes that need to take place in my heart. I need to be more positive about school and my time spent there (obviously I'm not there yet), I need to change the way I appreciate my time with some people, I need to not take things for granted. While these remind me of New Year's resolutions, they aren't just a quick fix, they involve more a life change. I love the change in colors that the leaves bring this time of year, but I love the change in me that this time brings even more.
Happy October!

1 comment:

jenn said...

loved this post michelle! fall is a beautiful season and definitely too short! but that just adds to its specialness, if that is a word ;). have a great october!