Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Yesterday afternoon after classes I headed out with a couple people from NMC to work with the Red Cross to hand out food and water to families in need around town. We headed to Short Street - a part of town that I had not seen yet since the tornado hit. (I just heard from a police officer that the tornado has been upgraded to an F4.) As I walked through the distruction, I couldn't help but stop and talk to some families standing outside. I talked to a couple guys that despite the fact that they have lost everything, they were so grateful that they still had their family by their side. It's truly a blessing that no one was hurt or killed. At first I was finding myself a little frustrated with God for all the destruction and loss that occurred Thursday night. But after talking with some families I realize how grateful I should be, and I saw just a few of God's blessings through this. Praise Him! If you want to see more pictures, a video, and a slideshow - check out Derry Prenkert's blog. He does a great job at keeping everyone up to date!! http://www.derryprenkert.blogspot.com/

I feel like all anyone is talking about is the tornado - Which is understandable. But besides that, everything is going well. Two jobs plus school is keeping me busier than I would like to be, but Amish Acres is only open for another couple of months, then I'll get a break. Kenya is a mere two months away and I feel like I haven't been able to focus on the preparations very much!! But I'm sure as time gets closer, that will be all I can think about! Mike's sister gets married in ten weeks, and the countdown is on in the Marshall household!! Mike can't wait for her to move out, and his mom is feeling the stress of planning a wedding. Pray for them as they prepare for this joyous event!

Well, the dishwasher repairmen are here and need to know where the fuse box is, so I guess I should go see if they need anything else.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

jenn said...

stop being so busy! :). just kidding. but really, your life does seem full of activity! i can't believe kenya is coming so fast!!! how exciting!