Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

All is restored in Nappanee

Welcome back Taco Bell!! Oh how I have missed you. If you've ever wondered what would cause high school students to skip school on a Wednesday, factory employees to risk taking longer than their allowed half hour lunch, busy people to wait in in line for a half hour, and people to stand while eating because of lack of space - now you know. The re-opening of Nappanee Taco Bell!! It was crazy over the lunch hour but oddly enough - I found it somewhat of an honor to wait in the drive-thru line for over a half hour for my food. In a weird way, I felt like our community was coming together to welcome this business back. As if we were saying - a tornado can take our favorite restaurant, our homes, and our material things - but we will rise again. We are rising again. (ok I know it's just an open taco bell, maybe i'm getting too much meaning from it, but it was a moment to remember nonetheless).

As for my continuing job search - the admissions counselor job in Hesston has come to a halt. All the current counselors look as if they are going to be staying, so they will not be hiring anyone new at this time. But I've still been looking/applying for jobs in Kansas. I'm ready to move back out there. So please pray that I have faith that God will put me there if it's His will. And thank you all for your prayers as I was stressing out about finding a job. I have realized after much prayer that it's all in His hands and God's timing is perfect.

As I sit here sipping on my dr. pepper (fountain of course), I am reminded of a quote I heard once that goes something like "Everything has already been decided. It was know long ago what each person would be. So there's no use arguing with God about your destiny." It comes from the verses in Ecclesiastes 6. There's no sense in arguing or worrying about God's plan for my life - it's been decided and I choose to follow Him.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

How exciting that the Taco Bell is now open!!! I can't wait to see it. It's fun to get excited about these things...it means some normalcy is returning to our little town. : ) Enjoy the food!