Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Letting Go..

This week is IUSB's spring break. I couldn't be happier to have a break from classes, however, I would really like to use this time to get caught up on some assignments and even get ahead.

Lately I've been thinking alot about "letting go". I have such a problem with holding on to old emotions, hurt feelings, etc. that I find it extremely hard to let go. There's a song by Corey Crowder and in it he says:
"You can't find happiness if you don't let go."
Simple words, but so hard to do! I know that God has forgiven me for the wrong things that I have done, but I can't seem to forgive myself. It's something I struggle with on a day to day basis. And not just with wrong decisions that I've made. I have trouble letting go of friendships that have been lost, bad relationships, etc. I have a couple friends that our friendship used to be solid. But now, because of distance, we hardly ever talk. I put in a lot of effort to try and reconnect with these people, but unfortunately it's not reciprocated. Mike is always telling me that sometimes I just have to let go and move on. But I think "there's so much time and memories invested into that friendship. How can someone just let go?"
Letting go. Moving on. Breaking free. Maybe I need to start looking at it as a positive thing. Look at all I might gain instead of what I may be losing.
Anyway, that's my tangent for the day. I woke up this morning with a horrible stiff neck. I'm having quite a lot of difficulty turning to the right. So I think it's time that I figure out something to do for that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also struggle with letting go. It's hard to let ourselves off the hook and let go of those painful things in our lives. I'll be praying for you! : )