Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Child's Impact


I've found myself thinking alot the last few days of my Kenya babies. As Mike and I consider places for our honeymoon, I can't help but think of going back to Kenya to spend a week with the babies and helping out around the center. Financially, I know that this won't happen. But I can't help but think about how great it would be to see all of those darlings again. They just make my heart and soul happy.


Jolinda told me a couple weeks ago that my favorite little Luke is in the beginning process of being adopted. I had such mixed emotions when she told me! I was happy, because this means he'll have a stable life ahead of him filled with family, shelter, and love. But I couldn't help but be a little sad knowing that I wouldn't be seeing him again. This is the chance and risk you take when you go on short term missions trips and work with children. You risk getting attached to a child only to never see them again. I knew that risk. But my heart is telling me otherwise.


It's amazing how a child who can't even talk yet can have such a big impact on a person, and he'll probably never even know it. I pray for his future, and the rest of the baby's futures. I pray for the hearts of the ones who are preparing for another Kenya trip. I pray that one day maybe I'll have the impact on someone that Little Luke had on me. I pray that one day, I'll have a son that will have the light of Jesus in his eyes, just like Luke.

1 comment:

C said...

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Please delete all comments signed with the name "vitório rosário cardoso" because are not published by the original author but by a "clone" that only aims to damage my reputation.
This case is already followed by the police authorities.

Thank you for your attention,
Vitório R. Cardoso

Exmo(a). Senhor(a),

Solicito que sejam apagados todos os comentários assinados com o nome "vitório rosário cardoso" uma vez que foram publicados por um "clone", que tem como intenção de denegrir e difamar.
Este caso já está a ser seguido pelas autoridades policiais competentes.

Atenciosamente,
Vitório R. Cardoso