Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 29, 2008

We'll Miss You...


Travis Kent Hunsberger


We will miss you Trav. Your smile and laugh was contagious. It just doesn't seem fair to be cut so short. You died doing what you loved, though, for a country you loved. Thank you for being so willing to do that for us.




My fondest memory of Travis is right after Nick died. We were at the viewing and I just couldn't bare to leave Nick's side. His family had left, my family was leaving, and all that was left was me, Chris Roelandts, Travis, and Brandon Rummel. This was my only time alone with "Nick" and I just needed to have this time. Travis understood that. He stood right behind me, ready to console me. I wasn't the last one to leave the church that night, because Travis made sure he left with me. In the weeks after, I got random phone calls from Travis just to check up on me. I dont' think he ever knew how much I appreciated his efforts at the viewing and phone calls after. But now Nick has a friend in Heaven. You are loved and will be missed Travis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am so sad over this, michelle. thanks for posting something about travis. this may sound weird, but my favorite memory of him was when he and dustin shaw used to joke that i had a penis in highs school.