Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Proud

I couldn't have explained the sight any better than Rob did in his blog. Read it, soak it in. Some days I can't wait to get out of this small community, but on mornings like this morning, I thrive for a sense of one-ness like I experienced. I'm so proud to be apart of something bigger than myself. Just as Travis makes us proud, I know that today, He's proud. Just as I'm proud of every church leader who let their churches out early, every student who dropped what they were doing to walk to the town square, every parent who brought their children to teach them about freedom, and every person who was there today - who took a moment to honor a hero. Our hero. I didn't see a flag draped casket this morning turn on Elkhart street, I saw Travis, I saw his smile. I saw him laugh. I saw him the way I choose to remember him. The Travis that didn't turn his back on me when my world was falling apart.

We honor you today Travis. Today, tomorrow, and forever.

Please continue to pray for the Hunsberger's, and his wife Hannah.
Visitation is tomorrow from 2-8 and Tuesday from 1-3 at Nappanee Missionary.
The funeral is at 3:00 on Tuesday afternoon.

Also be praying for those in attendance at the funeral. Pray for a certain group of Travis' guy friends. I pray that they will have open hearts and ears as they hear the message.

No comments: