Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I spent all day Monday in Indianapolis at Riley Hospital with the Rohr's and their family and friends. It was a strange set of emotions that were being tossed around that day as we sat in the waiting area for hourly updates on Keri's surgery. There was certainly and obviously the thick, almost palleable, sense of concern and tension, ,mostly due to the unknown of what the doctor might find. There was also the ever-present sense of hope that kept everyone going throughout the day. Everyone hoped that the next update would be one of joy - that the tumor was not cancerous. Unfortunately, in the sixth hour of surgery, an update was brought that the tumor was cancer. Fear, shock, denial, and anger could all be felt. I was a mere outsider at this point. I hurt for the family. For Keri. I hurt for the nurse who had to deliver this news. I immediately began to pray for peace and understanding. But in that moment I felt God say - "it's ok to be angry." Sometimes I forget that God understands our mix of emotions.
A couple days have passed since that very long day for the Rohr's. Please continue to keep them in your prayers as further treatment is done and explored. Also keep Keri's emotional state in prayer as, being only 9, she's having a hard time understanding God's plan. Heck, at 23 I'm having a hard time understanding His plan. You can only imagine how she must be feeling.

No comments: