Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Coming Together...

Mike and I are certainly blessed with great families!! We felt this more than ever the last few days. Last Thursday night Mike's mom called me and caught me at the wrong time. I was very stressed about cleaning and packing up our old apartment and getting our new apartment put together. Mike was working long hours and he was getting anxious about it as well. So to my surprise Mike's parents drove up Thursday night and spent the night helping me clean our old apartment and hang curtains in our new one. Mike was shocked when he got home from work to find them here! They spent the night and spent Friday helping us finish everything at our old apartment. We turned in our keys and didn't look back! We were so glad to be out of there!

Yesterday my mom came to help me decorate our new place. I still was feeling overwhelmed by the amount of boxes and odds and ends laying around, but that's the moving process I guess. My mom was a big help. We went shopping for some new things to decorate with and spent the afternoon hanging them. I think I speak for both of us when I say that we're glad that we are done with that!! There's only so much measuring and leveling that we can take! I still have a couple things left for Mike to hang, but he loved the finished result! My grandparents are coming to visit tomorrow on their way home from Florida, so it will be a nice surprise for them to see things done! I still have a little bit of work to do today to get things more organized, but that won't take long.
THANK YOU to our families for all of the help. I don't know what we would do without you!

Here's a few pictures of the almost finished living room... We bought some new pictures for above the couch and I love them! Don't they look great on the red wall?













And here's the look behind the entertainment center.
(don't mind the trash bag in the corner! or the mess on the right! ha)
And our almost finished dining room. Just a couple more things to hang.









1 comment:

Leah said...

Looks great, Michelle!