Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Updates from M-Ville...

What's new in our newlywed world?
Well....

-We can finally get into our new apartment tomorrow! We're very excited to be able to start moving things over and finish packing in our current apartment. My day tomorrow will be filled with doing our laundry!! We can finally do our laundry in our own apartment, so the second we can get in that washer is going to start with our clothes that have been building the past couple weeks.

-This past Tuesday night we got together with our new small group from church. We are very blessed to have these couples in our lives! We were a little hesitant about going, but we are so glad that we did! We met some incredible people who I'm sure are going to help build and keep our marriage around Christ. We will meet with them once a month, but also the girls of the group meet once a month along with the guys of the group. So we'll see them much more than just once a month which will be great.

-Mike's job is still going well. He's taking on a lot more responsibility, which leaves him very tired at the end of the day, but he also knows it is a good thing. It's been a year this month since he moved to Merrillville and started with Aldi. He's hoping that he will soon be approached about running his own store. We're anxious to see where that might lead us!

-This weekend we're headed home for various reasons. I'm going home to help my mom host a bridal shower for my cousin's fiance on Saturday morning. It will be great to see Jackie and be with family for the morning. I'm excited to spend the day with my mom as well. Saturday night, Mike and I are going to Corey's race in New Paris. We went last week and Mike loved it, so he insisted we go back again. Of course I couldn't say no! Corey has shown such love and kindness to us through our distance and we would do anything to support him! We love spending time with him and Jill! Sunday, we're staying in town for church which will be great. It's always a blessing to go back to NMC. As much as we love Bethel and the new friends we're meeting there, being back at our home church always makes us a little antsy to move back. But for now, God has other plans for us and I'm finally accepting them!

-I have sent in my resume for a job that you can be praying about. It is for a Christian company and it would be great to work for! It's a receptionist/administrative asst. position. I would really like the chance to work for this group. So prayers would be great!

That's the news in our lives as of right now. At this point I'm not sure who really reads this anymore... besides my aunt and my parents (who I don't even get comments from!) :) But I hope that whoever is reading this is doing well.

2 comments:

icejan said...

Megan and I read your blog so keep the news coming. Hope the new place is great!

Janice

Jolinda said...

So excited about your new apartment! And I love reading your blog!

Jolinda