Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 21, 2009

A day of Celebration

Today is a a day of Celebration for two reasons. Today, is my mom's birthday! Also, six months ago today, Mike and I got married.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MOM!

I never really appreciated my mom and all that she did while I lived at home. Not enough anyway. But now that I have my own household and am married I realize all the things that my mom has had to do for her family. She basically has had multiple jobs her whole married life. Her job that she went to during the day, then she was a cook, a maid, and a wife. I now appreciate how she didn't always have to have the cleanest house - but she took more time out for my brother and I. Thank you mom for being a great mom, a great role-model, and a compassionate person. We love you! Happy birthday.


HAPPY 6 MONTH ANNIVERSARY!



It seems like just yesterday that we got married. We'll both admit that some days it feels like longer than six months. Ha. But it's been the best six months of my life. I have loved being a wife. I have loved learning new things about Mike, when I thought that I knew everything! No one really tells you about the adjustment of marriage. And while we've had to adjust to each other and our own little quirks, it's been such a blessing to both of us. We have had to really think about each other's needs instead of our own. That helps us think about how God loves us. He's always think about our own best interests. I am excited for many many more anniversaries. Happy anniversary love!

No comments: