Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Growing Up


This morning at work I received an email saying I have to attend a mandatory meeting tomorrow morning to learn about Newmar's 401K program. I am now eligible for this program since I have been at Newmar for a year. For some reason when I read over this email it just struck me- I'm growing up. I'm not sure why this came as a shock to me, but it did. Some days I feel like I'm stuck in a rut where I'm not growing as a person. I am back in my parents house, still going to school, and working at Amish Acres - the same place I worked in high school. But on days like today when I realize that I'm attending 401K meetings and nearing graduation (kind of ) and thinking more about my future that I am growing up, even if some days it feels like I'm stuck. I'm still really wanting to move out, but I realize that financially I can't right now. It will come though. God wants me here right now. It will be nice when Mike moves out though so that one of us has a place of our own.


1 comment:

jenn said...

okay, seriously adorable picture! too cute! where does the time go?

i remember that time in life. now that i am on my own, there are those moments where i would love to just have that security and go back to that time where i had that dependence and support ;). i guess it is just about enjoying life in all its stages..not wanting to grow up so fast and not wanting to go back, but to enjoy the present. i enjoy seeing where life is taking you!

have fun trying to understand 401k's ;)!