Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 20, 2007

I'm not really sure what I have to say today, but I just feel like writing. My griefshare class this week went well. For those two hours per week it opens up old wounds that bring back so much emotion. Some days I really wonder if it's worth it to go through this again, but I'm already learning alot that I wish I would have heard or read when I was going through the beginning stages of grief four years ago after Nick died. I think that going through this and dealing with some unresolved issues will really help in my relationship with Mike. I think that Nick's death effects my relationships more than I'm willing to admit, and I really don't want it to effect this relationship with Mike- so I'm encouraging myself to keep going on Tuesday nights.

On a happier note- I'm looking forward to a few things! Let's begin some countdowns:
CHICAGO with Ashley, Ken, Mike and I: 16 days!
COLBIE CAILLAT CONCERT in Cleveland: 25 days!
KENYA: 3 months!
FLORIDA with Mike!: 5 months!

2 comments:

jenn said...

that is wonderful that you are going to face and address the results of such a loss. you will be in my prayers. i can't imagine how difficult it must be. but i am proud of you. also, someone has a lot of good things coming up! how fun!!! looks like you have a lot to keep you distracted from the cold weather approaching!

Danielle said...

hey michelle!
just wanted to say hi, i've been thinking about you alot this month. my dad's birthday should have been last weekend, 49. it brought back alot of memories of him and also made me think about nick again too. i know this is a difficult time of year, i just have to remind myself they are so much better off where they are ;) love you!